Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Spring Schedule


January’s here, and tonight there’s already a new crop of episodes, which means now is as good of a time as any to update the review schedule, this time to reflect the spring half of the “traditional” 2011-2012 TV season.


For starters, my grad school work load is somewhat “lighter” this semester, in that I only have to be on campus for two days out of the week, and this should hopefully free up some more time for me to do a better job of television coverage than I was able to during last semester’s craziness. However, I will be away from the TV both Tuesday and Thursdays nights, so expect a lot of late night/next morning reviews on those nights. (Except when I won’t have class on Thursdays, which will happen a lot because it’s a research course. It’s a bit of a confusing mess, so make sure to follow this blog through Blogger, RSS feed, or the Twitter account to stay informed.)

This list of course only covers the first few months of this season’s back half, and doesn’t list currently benched shows (Community, Cougar Town) or those that won’t appear till April or May (Sherlock), yet that I still plan on covering. Included next to each show is the best known date of its premiere/return, to help ease you through the very erratic scheduling that is spring premieres. Please note that this list is fluid, and that I will add/drop shows based on time and interest, and that I also plan on dropping in on a few other shows as they make their way to the small screen. Please check the "Current Review Schedule" page regularly to stay informed.

Also remember that reviews for those shows marked with an * will be posted the morning after air, and that reviews for the shows that air on those same nights (i.e. Tuesdays and Thursdays) will be posed late into the night, as I try to work around my class schedule. Sometimes classes will cancel for a night, or I might be required to go out on a night where I’m usually able to watch TV live, and I’ll let you know as it relates to specific shows, usually in the review of the week before.

Sunday
Downton Abbey (PBS, Jan. 8)
The Walking Dead (AMC, Feb. 12)
Mad Men (AMC, March)

Monday
How I Met Your Mother (CBS, Jan. 2) 
Alcatraz (FOX, Jan. 16, 2 hr. premiere)

Tuesday
Glee* (FOX, 17)
Justified (FX, Jan 17)

Wednesday
Modern Family/Happy Endings (ABC, Jan 4)
Touch (FOX, “preview” event Jan. 25, regular airing begin March 19)

Thursday
Archer (FX, Jan 19)
Parks and Recreation* (NBC, Jan 12)
The Office (interment coverage)*

Friday
Chuck (NBC, ongoing through Jan. 27th)
Fringe (FOX, Jan 13)

Saturday
SNL (NBC, Jan 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment