Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall 2011 Review Schedule

September’s almost here, and that boys and girls means that it’s time once again to roll out the next sector of my review schedule, this time for the fall half of the upcoming “traditional” 2011-2012 TV season.

As my scholarly/real world duties have increased this semester, I tried to limit myself to no more than two shows a night, barring Thursdays, when there’s just too much good stuff to ignore. There might be chances to add a few new shows to the schedule – like AMC’s Hell on Wheels, coming in November, or NBC’s Grimm – but that will depend both on my available time and the quality of the shows. I will at least do some cursory pilot reviews of new shows that look interesting, and then there are of course other shows that I might drop in on (Parenthood, Cougar Town) if a particular episode catches my interest. Some of this will be evolving, and I rely on your feedback to know which shows will generate the most interest.

Also remember that reviews for those shows marked with an * will be posted the morning after air, and that reviews for the shows that air on the same nights (i.e. Monday and Thursday) will be posed late into the night, as I try to work around my class schedule. Sometimes classes will cancel for a night, or I might be required to go out on a night where I’m usually able to watch TV live, and I’ll let you know as it relates to specific shows, usually in the review of the week before.

Sunday
Breaking Bad (AMC, ongoing)
The Walking Dead (AMC, Oct. 16)

Monday
How I Met Your Mother (CBS, Sept. 19, hour-long premiere) 
Terra Nova* (FOX, Sept. 26, 2 hr. premiere)

Tuesday
Glee (FOX, Sept. 20)
Sons of Anarchy (FX, Sept. 6, 90 minute premiere)

Wednesday
Modern Family (ABC, Sept. 21, hour-long premiere)
BBC America’s “Dramaville” – The Hour (ongoing), Luther (Sept. 28), Whitechapel (Oct. 26), and State of Play (Dec. 7)

Thursday
Community (NBC, Sept. 22)
Parks and Recreation*
The Office (intermittent coverage)*
Archer - The second season closes out with three more episodes airing Sept. 15, 22, and 29 on FX. (Season three will start in the spring of 2012.)

Friday
Chuck (NBC, Oct 21)
Fringe (FOX, Sept. 23)

Saturday
Doctor Who (BBC-A, ongoing)
SNL (NBC, Sept. 24)

2 comments:

  1. YES!

    Also, I vote for Parenthood and Cougar Town coverage (although, as I understand it, CT has been relegated to mid-season).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cougar Town will return in November, opposite of Glee, which probably means that it won't last for that long.

    And don't get me wrong, I love me some Parenthood, but it's a show that's hard for me to write about.

    ReplyDelete